While still offering up their famous body lotion Skin So Soft, Avon has also put out a few different cellulite creams over the years. The one I want to review today is their latest offering called Solutions a.m./p.m. Body Lipo 24.
Avon offers an array of morning/evening Solutions for anti-aging, cleansing, and of course this cream for the dreaded cellulite. When you purchase this product you receive two bottles packaged together (many find this annoying, you can separate the two bottles simply by snipping the tape that holds them together).
I have to wonder if Avon ladies receive detailed dossiers explaining the intricacies of their products because their website gives precious little information about their products. Well, let’s see what we can dig up!
Here is what Avon says about Solutions a.m./p.m. Body Lipo 24:
2 formulas fighting cellulite a.m. & p.m.
Dual-formulated to deliver skin-smoothing results.
a.m. Daily enhancing Lotion:
Helps boost cellular metabolism to reduce the look of cellulite.
p.m. Nightly Renewing Lotion:
Helps boost micro-circulation & defend against the buildup of cellulite.
When used together as an a.m./p.m. regimen:
IN 2 WEEKS, clinical tests show cellulite & skin texture start to improve.
OVER TIME, 91% of women showed an improvement in the appearance of cellulite*
Based on a consumer-perception study.
Let’s take a quick look at the customer reviews. I’ve found several 5 star rating reviews, but many more 1 star ratings. The vast majority of the 1 stars were from customers who were loyal users of Super Shape, the Avon cellulite cream that this new formulation has replaced. They were happy with Super Shape and aren’t pleased with being forced to switch. The other big gripe was that the bottles are rigid and it is difficult to squeeze the lotion of of them. So this is not a comment on the quality and effectiveness of the cream itself, but rather a criticism of the product packaging, which judging by the amount of grumbling, Avon should seriously consider a redesign!
Now on to the actual product ingredients. Avon only gives one listing of ingredients for both solutions and so I don’t know which is in the cream you apply in the morning, and which is in the cream you apply at night. But what about those ingredients? Are any of them known to improve the appearance of cellulite? Here are some of the active ingredients I found (again, I don’t know which are in the a.m solution and which are in the p.m. solution). I have researched each ingredient and added the information about it to the list.
- SHEA BUTTER: Commonly used as an effective moisturizer. Contains high amounts of vitamins A and E that may help to stimulate collagen production
- CARROT ROOT EXTRACT: High in antioxidant beta carotene
- SOYBEAN EXTRACT: Another antioxidant
- FENNEL SEED EXTRACT: Is often used as both a diuretic (aids in water loss) and an anti-inflammatory
- YEAST EXTRACT: aids in the retention of moisture
- HAWTHORN EXTRACT: Extract that when taken internally may improve circulation. The bioflavonoids in hawthorn are potent antioxidants.
- CELOSIA CRISTATA EXTRACT: Hyaluronic acid is extracted from this plant, which helps in the absorption of moisture
- PRUNELLA VULGARIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT: known for anti-inflammatory properties
- COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT: well known for minimizing appearance of cellulite due to its diuretic (water loss) effect
- YERBA MATE LEAF EXTRACT: Like caffeine, known for decreasing water retention
- LACTOFERRIN: Anti-oxidant properties
- MENTHOL: In addition to a tingling feeling to make you feel like your circulation his improving, menthol has been shown to help ingredients in lotions penetrate the skin better
Soooo…what conclusion can we draw from this? Does Avon’s Solutions a.m./p.m. Body Lipo 24 work?
Well, it’s loaded with anti-oxidants, moisturizers, and also contains diuretic ingredients such as caffeine and yerba-mate. Based on this I conclude that his cream will work to at least temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite and to improve the texture of skin.
Now if they can just make the darn bottles easier to squeeze!
No related posts.